7th International Conference on Advanced Lithium Batteries for Automobile Applications
Greetings from the Chairman
Welcome to the website of the 7th International Conference on Advanced Lithium Batteries for Automotive Applications (ABAA7). On behalf of the ABAA Conference Organizing Committee, it is my great pleasure to cordially invite you to attend ABAA7.
Every year, the ABAA Conference Organizing Committee hosts distinguished speakers from all over the world in the field of lithium battery research and development with a focus on automotive applications. ABAA7's primary goal is to provide attendees from both academia and industry an opportunity to meet and exchange information on advances in lithium battery research with the aim of enabling the electrification of vehicles.
This year, the conference will focus on:
- New cell chemistries (cathode, anode, electrolyte and electrolyte additives)
- Power and capacity fade mechanisms of lithium-ion batteries
- Advanced design for low cost materials and processes
- Component- and system-level safety mechanisms and novel techniques to improve abuse tolerance
- Understanding performance limitations at low temperatures (at individual cell chemistry and system levels)
- New lithium battery systems
I look forward to welcoming you to Nara Prefectural New Public Hall in the center of Nara National Park, which is famous for its beauty and 1,200 tame deer, on July 29-August 1, 2014. I believe you will enjoy many historical shrines and temples containing national treasures. Famous tourist spots such as Kofukuji Temple, Todaiji Temple, Kasuga Shrine are within walking distance from the hall.
Dr. Kuniaki Tatsumi